Medical Products - Covered by Medicare

Following products are covered in Medicare and supplied by Broadway Medical on sale

  • Pressure-reducing beds, mattresses, and mattress overlays used to prevent bedsores
  • Blood sugar monitors
  • Blood sugar (glucose) test strips
  • Canes (however, white canes for the blind aren't covered)
  • Commode chairs
  • Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) machines
  • Crutches
  • Hospital beds
  • Infusion pumps and supplies (when necessary to administer certain drugs)
  • Manual wheelchairs and power mobility devices
  • (power wheelchairs or scooters needed for use inside the home)
  • Nebulizers and some nebulizer medications (if reasonable or necessary)
  • Oxygen equipment and accessories
  • Patient lifts (a medical device used to lift you from a bed or wheelchair)
  • Sleep apnea and Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) devices and accessories
  • Suction Pumps
  • Traction equipment
  • Walkers

How it works:

Typically, what you would pay is 20% of the Medicare-approved amount after you pay your Part B deductible for the year. Medicare pays the other 80%. The Medicare-approved amount is the lower of the actual charge for the item or the fee Medicare sets for the item. However, the amount you pay may vary because Medicare pays for different kinds of durable medical equipment in different ways.